How Streamline saves Whalen Furniture $56,000/month in excessive stock costs
- 90% time spend on daily routine was reduced (What took a day and a half to does, now takes only seconds to update with Streamline)
- Inventory had dropped by 36%
- Saved about $56,000/month in excessive stock costs
About the client
Whalen – Unique apparel for home office. Whalen Furniture plays a leading role in the design and manufacturing of a spectrum of product categories. It was founded in 1991 in San Diego by Ken Whalen. The Company offers bookcases, desks, file drawers, modular walls, curio with files, computer roll tops, and storage cabinets. Whalen products blend innovation, style and quality, as well as timely delivery, and have developed a loyal customer base in the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
The main pain points of Whalen Furniture’s team that led them to look for a supply chain solution were as follows:
- Lack of upfront costs and contracts.
- It was impossible to forecast the order of raw materials and predict the manufacturing of finished goods without a clear understanding of orders quantity and customer demand.
- Too much time spend working in Excel. “We were like firefighters, not supply chain managers.”
- Absence of full-time tech support. Supply chain planners looked for a solution that connects to their ERP system easily, so they will be able to test and set up everything smoothly.
- Expertise in supply chain optimization. Whalen Furniture looked for a dedicated person who knows manufacturing business while consulting on supply chain IT solutions.
During the trial period, Whalen Furniture was able to test the software using Excel files with data exported from their ERP system to Streamline. The showed outcomes were satisfied, so the team decided to go forward with the Streamline and implement it for the whole company. The most appealing feature for Whalen Furniture’s team was the ability to assign channels (customers) to the items offered by Streamline.
“It has multiple types of connections. We were able to test the software using Excel files with data exported from our ERP system. Once we decided to go forward, the database connection was easy to set up.”
Whalen Furniture has seen the results in the first month after Streamline implementation. A 90% time spend on daily routine was reduced. An employee used to spend about a day and a half updating Excel spreadsheets that had 60 items. He only focused on one of five divisions. The other divisions did not have his level of data because they had a large number of items, and it was too cumbersome to use Excel. We were like firefighters, not supply chain managers. What took him a day and a half to does, now takes only seconds to update with Streamline. He can spend the rest of the time to analyze the Streamline data. The other divisions use Streamline and do not know how they managed without it.Whalen Furniture inventory had dropped by 36% with Streamline. The company has been able to eliminate two auxiliary buildings rented month-to-month. That has saved about $56,000/month in excessive stock costs for them.
Do you want to test Stremline on your company’s data? Download the latest version and try it now!
No credit card needed.
Now available for MacOS and Windows.
- How to deal with supply chain processes during the Coronavirus outbreak
- Why switch from Excel to inventory planning software
- Must-read: Smart Supply Chain Management solutions for business processes optimization
- Cross-Functional Alignment in Supply Chain Planning: A Case Study of Sales and Operations Planning [PDF]
- Demand & Supply Management: Collaborative Planning, Forecasting & Replenishment
Too much manual work in Excel?
Streamline your planning today:
- Forecast, plan, and place orders twice as fast.
- 90-98% reduction in stock-outs.
- 15-50% reduction in excess inventory.
- 35% higher inventory turnover.
- 10-40X ROI in the first year. 100% ROI in the first month.
- GMDH Streamline already manages over $5 billion in inventory for retailers, wholesalers, distributors, manufacturers, and ecommerce worldwide.